Route 6 & 11 Heading NORTH
(Starting near Factoryville) Continue straight on PA Route 11
• Start a scenic drive north along Route 11 through foliage of Wyoming County. Stop for pictures at the historic Tunkhannock Viaduct, “an engineering wonder of the world”
• Continue north on Route 11 to Old Mill Village Museum in New Milford. Tour their unique museum which showcases the crafts and
artifacts of the late 18th through early 20th centuries. Throughout the year the museum offers themed and holiday programs.
• Plan lunch “on your own” at one of our local eateries like Bingham’s or Maloney’s. You can also grab “lunch to go” for an impromptu picnic at a local park.
• After lunch, drive to Oakland for a tour of the Priesthood Restoration Site of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This attraction where Mormon founder Joseph Smith was visited by John the Baptist to receive his ordination. This sitefeatures a Visitors Center, restored farm buildings (including Smith’s home) and walking paths that offer access to the woods and riverfront.
• Finish the afternoon with a visit to the Montrose for a stop at Chocolates by Leopold, a local chocolatier who offers the region’s premiere confections. Enjoy some touring the town home to shops, galleries, and the Susquehanna Historical Society.
• Depart for home while still surrounded by the exquisite scenery of the Endless Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania.