The North Branch Art Trail is a regional organization that celebrates the arts and the artists who create along the entire 300-mile length of the North Branch of the Susquehanna River from Cooperstown, New York, to Sunbury, Pennsylvania.
The art trail’s North Branch Arts Paper covers the visual, performing, culinary, and literary arts in 18 counties. These include Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego, and Tioga counties in New York and Bradford, Columbia, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Union, Wayne, and Wyoming counties in Pennsylvania. The Arts Paper is published three times a year: spring, summer, and fall/holiday.
The North Branch Art Trail produces a number of annual events, including:
- Wyoming County Arts & Artists Tour: Self-guided artist tour throughout Wyoming County. Held in early May.
- Summer Sessions: Live music concert series held at three different venues on 12 consecutive Wednesday evenings.
- Lake Carey Arts Fest: A one-day arts festival held as part of a popular community event, Lake Carey Day.
- Artists’ Open House Weekend: Self-guided artist tour throughout Susquehanna County. Held in early October.
- It’s Midnight Somewhere!: An “afternoon” New Year’s Eve party, produced in conjunction with The Reimel Centre in Montrose.